Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Saturday in Prescott


We took a day trip up to Prescott on Saturday to get out of the heat. We picked up some fast food and took it to Lynx Lake for a picnic. Then we rented a paddle boat and cruised the lake. The kids were tired of it after about ten minutes, even though we had to pay for an hour! It was $15 for the hour.


Then we went to another lake, that I don't know the name of. There were these big rocks that looked like piles of mashed potatoes and Keyton had so much fun climbing all over them. He kept running ahead and climbing out of sight. He's not usually like that! I was in panic mode almost the whole time thinking about him falling into the water. He did so great! No complaining or asking to be carried. We had to hike down a little to get to the rocks and the water so when we hiked back up I expected him to slow down. But he still ran ahead of us! There was a playground by another parking lot that we had told Jo she could play on so we were going to get in the car and drive back there. Keyton wanted to run down the hill and walk over to it so I went with him and Rob and Joslyn took the car. I was in shock that he wasn't collapsing and crying! I just kept thinking about how much he's growing up and getting a little sad. Not that I wanted him to be crying! I didn't take my camera down to the water but I wish I would have. There were some great photo ops and Keyton was so happy the whole time. We'll have to go back there soon.


Next we headed into town and walked around the old town square. There were a lot of people just hanging out on the grass reading and relaxing. A lot of people had dogs. It was very relaxed.


Around 6:30 a man set up audio equipment and started calling out square dance moves. At least I think it was square dance. It was a little slower and less honky-tonk than I remember square dance. It reminded me more of The Shag. There were a few older couples there for the dancing and some dressed up for the affair!


Keyton really wanted to try it. I was worried that they would get in the way or trip someone but he persisted and I relented. It was ADORABLE!


We stopped at a playground on the way back through town and the kids played for a while. There was a skate park and we watched the skaters a little. Then we headed home. We thought the kids would just crash in the car but they talked and laughed the whole two hours until we got home at 9:30.

3 comments:

Tanner Fam said...

Looks like a fun time, and great memories.

Stephannie Shea said...

You guys look like you had so much fun. I bet it was nice to get out of the heat! I can't believe how big the kids are now! They grow up to fast. Miss ya,

Adam and Anya said...

Cute family!!

I love going up north. It looks like you had a great time together.