Thursday, January 01, 2009

Surprise Party/New Year's Eve

My uncle Kevin graduated from nursing school in December. He's really old, so it's quite an accomplishment. He's like, almost 50! (I think. Who keeps track when you get that old?)
We had a surprise party for him in California at my Uncle Glade's house. We all dressed up either as a patient or a nurse/doctor. This is Kevin and his family arriving at the party. Sorry it's blurry. My grandma wore a fake neck brace and carried a walking stick.

Aunt B.J.'s friend made this awesome cake! It says Congratulations Nurse Hot Shot.
Jared had the chicken pox. The joke was on him. They didn't wash off the next day!!

This is my grandma when she saw my dad's costume.



He was the butt of all jokes that night!
And some of our decorations and costumes:


Kevin couldn't bring himself to eat out of the bedpan bowls!





Thanks Nicole for all the scrubs! That is the most comfortable New Year's party I've ever been to!

4 comments:

Lori said...

That is classic! Would you guys throw one of those for me, when I finally finish nursing school? I'm about 3 years out. Yikes, putting in my application next month.

Unknown said...

We had so much fun planning it! There are so many medical themed jokes, games, and attire. I'll ask my dad if he can wear his costume again when you graduate. Maybe to your graduation?

mle said...

We were so sad to miss out on that party for Kevin-it looked like a huge hit. And your dads outfit was awesome! Miss you guys, cant wait for summer!

Nicole said...

The party looked like fun! I love your dad's outfit!