Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blog Book Update

So the blog book did not get printed by the end of June. The problem with Blurb.com is that when they transfer your blog to book form, ready for you to edit, they don't transfer it to the corresponding template that has the same number of pictures as your blog post. A post with three pictures plus text is transferred to a template with six pictures. It's time consuming to go through and change all the pages and sometimes transfer text. It's not fun, so it hasn't gotten done. Still on the to-do list but not at the top!

4 comments:

Allen and Amy Waples said...

That doesn't sound fun! I really do want to try it so, I guess after you figure out the best way I want to hear about it!

Lori said...

me too!!!

Bridget said...

I want to see how it looks when it's all done. I've thought about doing this for my girls' blogs. I hope you finish soon!

RJ said...

I love the Secret Life of Bees TOO! And Goose Girl, I've read (I think) the first three in that series Enna Burning was my favorite for sure though. I have a signed copy of it! I heard Shannon Hales speak and won an autographed copy of her book at the end, super fun. Back in the single days when I could just jump on an airplane and fly to UT for How to be children's author workshop. I also loved the magic gum post. Cracked me up. Good luck with your blog book too, I have said one million twenty times that I need to freaking do mine already but I agree it is just NOT in any way shape or form fun. I'd love to see yours after you do all the hard work though :) XOXO