Thursday, January 28, 2010

Reading

Last night as I was reading books before bedtime with Keyton, I noticed that a lot of the words were ones that he has been learning in Kindergarten. He has a list of words that he has to know by sight and I made flashcards for him to study. We were reading Ten Apples Up On Top. I started pointing to the words so he could tell me what they were and all of a sudden, HE was reading the book to ME! I was so excited! It was a magical, fun experience for me. I love to read and I hope my kids will too so I see this as the start of something great.

3 comments:

Hunnie said...

I totally agree! Don't you love those moments! Go Keyton!

Tanner Fam said...

I loved it when my kids could finally read to me. That's awesome, and says much about you as his mother.

Allen and Amy Waples said...

Amazing!