It would take me a loooonnnnng time to list all my favorite books or even all the books I've read in the last year. I could talk to a fellow bookworm for hours about good books. So I want to make note of some really good ones I've read.
My most recent favorite that I already want to read again is Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. This was my coming-of-age-30 book. (I'm a little past 30) It follows two best friends from teens to adulthood and I just fell in love with the characters and loved the story of the friends. I have a lot of really good, long time girlfriends so I loved watching how these women dealt with this friendship over time.
ok, I won't write that much about every book.
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. I've read the first two in this three book series and am on the library waiting list for the third.
A Thousand Splendid Suns. Loved that different culture perspective. Along that same line (of culture) is The Poisonwood Bible.
I enjoy Mary Higgins Clark mysteries.
Do I really need to mention the Twilight series? That's stating the obvious. Along with Harry Potter.
The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. This was just shown on Lifetime as a TV movie. Doesn't compare to the book. This book shows how one choice can be so destructive.
Moving past novels I have to mention The Gift of Fear by Gavin De Becker. I was just telling someone about this book yesterday and today my friend Rachel wrote a post on her blog about another book by this author called Protecting the Gift. Read them now. So good.
I liked The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Laura Schlessinger. I know some people who didn't. She's a little extremist. I think with any kind of self help or relationship book you have to be able to interpret things to fit your situation. It's the same as a baby book when you're trying to figure out your first child.
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
Let's Roll! by Lisa Beamer
I could go on but this may be my longest post yet so if anyone is still reading say, "I heart books!"
Thursday, April 17, 2008
I Heart Books
Posted by Unknown at 1:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I Heart Books! I rarely have time to read. When I do I usually become so engrossed in them that everything else goes to the dogs. One of my favorite books I was just thinking about last night is the five love languages, and of coarse I am a Harry Potter nerd. Seven was my favorite!
I'm on the library hold list for the last Libba Bray book, too! If I hadn't read Twilight, I think I would really love those books - they have a similar appeal. But in comparison, you have to admit they aren't as good as the Twilight series. Still, enjoyable.
We need to talk about books more often.
I love your blog! I just went throught the entire thing. You are a very good blogger! Thanks for inviting me in. I especially love the intro pic of Joslyn and Keyton, you have some very adorable kiddos!
I heart books toooooooooooooooo! Your post made me want to read your list. I loved the Poisonwood Bible also. I love books that break me out of my culture/bubble I live in. Thanks for the post, it made me want to do one on all the books I heart too.
Post a Comment