Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Marathon Birthday

We started the day at Megan's baptism. We couldn't stay for the confirmation but I was so glad to be able to see the baptism and be with my family. My brother Jason surprised Megan by flying in from Texas. She had asked him to give the talk on the Holy Ghost but then he got assigned to the CAT team for Hurricane Ike and had been working in Texas for a month. It looks like he'll be gone until January so it was nice that he was able to come. We also had my Uncle Glade and his family there. They happened to be on their way home from a family vacation to Colorado and New Mexico and were going to stop over to spend the night anyway. It just worked out great that they were able to be here for the birthdays.
We left early to make it to Keyton's soccer game. Grandpa Poundstone came to watch the birthday boy.

After the game we went to lunch at Chick-fil-A with Grandpa. Then Rob took the kids over to Megan's birthday party and I went home to work on Keyton's cake. I picked up the kids and we went to the ward trunk or treat party. I didn't take any pictures there because it was already getting too dark. The kids played a few games then made the rounds to gather candy. We headed home for a family party at our house. Keyton picked out this Frankenstein cake from a book I had. No one could tell what it was!




Star Wars pajamas from mom and dad:
Soccer kit from Glade and BJ's family:


The birthday twins! I think this is the last year that Megan will be taller.

0 comments: