Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Finished Product

Last night this beautiful group of women headed out to the other side of the world (Mesa) to learn how to make hair bows. Lots of fun and it's not so hard. At least I say that until I try to make some on my own! Today I invested in a $2 low temp glue gun and got about 2 yards each of 10 different colors of grosgrain ribbon for $6 at Walmart.


I'm going to try to make a curly ribbon like these Gymboree hair barrettes. I've always loved these and I had no idea they were so easy to make. We didn't make these last night but they told us how.
Here's the bows that I made:



Joslyn was so excited to wear one today! The other two I matched to her dresses and then I made this one to go with pink or purple. She loved them and it has stayed in her hair for a few hours now. I was afraid she'd try to take it out after a while but she just forgot about it. I guess it's not as heavy as it looks!


We finished off the night at Cafe Rio. It was the first time for most of us, including me, and everyone agreed it was so yummy! It just might be worth the 45 minute drive once a week.


6 comments:

Steve and Jen said...

I think you are going to have to teach me how to make these ribbons. Maybe we could get together and do crafts this summer. This could be a good thing for the Activity Day girls if they aren't too hard.
Jen

Jane said...

Your bows are so cute, I need to learn how to do that. For now I send my orders to my sister. Cafe Rio is our once a week must have meal. The salad is my very favorite thing. Don't get me started, I LOVE that place. Totally addicted

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Love the bows! We DEFFINATLY need some craft days!!!

bradiesalmons said...

I love the bows and I'm so sad I missed it... but Carters lil thing was very cute! So do you know if anyone is gonna go again??? I want to bad! I need bows for Kylie and Italia!

Tanner Fam said...

You did a great job on the bows. Makes me want a little girl again!

Joey and Megan said...

Love the bows too, and you need to teach a class! But wait, there's a Cafe Rio here? Is it the same as the one in UT? I need more info!