This is me and my mom sometime in the late 80's. See the little orange heart pin on her shirt collar?
It says "I love Barry"
She's quite famous for it. Me and my friends have always teased her about it but I never knew there was a good story behind it until about a year ago. (I have the feeling I've written this before but maybe it's just because I've meant to for a while.)
Soon after my older brother Eric was born my dad had to leave them for a while. He was in the Air Force and I don't remember what the separation was for but it was a good enough length of time that my mom took her two little boys and went to stay with her mom. One day my grandma gave her some time off to go to the mall by herself. My mom was walking around the mall feeling sad and missing my dad a lot when she happened upon one of those jewelry stands in the middle of the halls. She found this pin, bought it, and felt immediately better. And has worn it for 33 years.
I don't know what this has to do with Mother's Day but I like the story.

2 comments:
Don't you just love those old photos?? I bet your Mom is so proud of you! :) Very cute blog! Thanks for inviting me!!
It's a wonderful story because it shows what a fabulous Mom you have. You must have got it from her. LOVE the photo! Why are all those photos from that era "orange"?! All mine are too.....Can't wait to see your hair bowsm maybe you can teach us all?!
Post a Comment