I don't have an eye for color. I think that is one of the reasons it takes me so long to make a scrapbook page. I try so many color combos before I settle for something that I think is just mediocre. But not anymore! I found two websites (I'm sure there are more) that will generate color palettes for you!
DeGraeve.com lets you download a picture and then it makes a color palette that matches. You have to have a URL so I download a picture to photobucket.com then paste the direct link and generate my colors. There's also some other fun things to play with on this website. Their color picker lets you enter a color hex code and then gives you complimentary colors. Have fun surfing through their sidebar.
Colorhunter.com takes pictures from flickr and makes color palettes. You can also download your own picture but it wasn't working for me. Maybe I was doing something wrong? You can enter search words like beach, sky, or yellow and it gives you paint strips of color with their hex code. If you sign up (for free) you can save your favorites.
I'm sure you can find lots of ways to use these besides scrapbooking!
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Color Palettes
Posted by Unknown at 3:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
My problem is - I love ALL the colors. I don't really do scrapbooking...but maybe I could try it for decorating!
Post a Comment